Body Justice Minifesto
- We offer an alternative to mainstream fitness that is inclusive, adaptable, creative and just plain fun.
- Our mission is to fight “six-pack” culture and other forms of extreme fitness by demonstrating that healthy movement doesn’t have to hurt.
- We encourage and support self: exploration, reflection and definition. Positive self definition is the ultimate goal.
- We recognize, accommodate and celebrate sensitivity and uniqueness. Hooray for everyone’s inner snowflakes!
- We discourage destructive comparison by celebrating all body types and telling stories with weird and wonderful non-humanoid characters.
Heather Robinson is fitness coach, athlete, writer, artist and play facilitator who specializes in helping people connect with their bodies. Her motto is, “feel the fun, not the burn” and she prides herself on leading workouts that even very grumpy people enjoy.
In Heather’s 10+ years of fitness experience she has helped hundreds of people feel stronger, more confident and more connected to their bodies. She is certified through the National Strength and Conditioning Association as a strength and conditioning specialist (CSCS) and earned her master's in recreation, parks and tourism from San Francisco State University, with an emphasis in encouraging women's active leisure. She is interested in using the creative process and play to explore physical culture and mind/body/feeling relationships.